Narrative Review Rough Draft Assignment Instructions
A formal literature review should be approached strategically to ensure a high-quality review of the current literature that includes an analysis and synthesis of known research, knowledge, and thinking that precedes the proposed research. The purpose of a formal literature review is to advance the author’s knowledge about a problem of practice or specific topic and to present the formal literature review as a justification, or argument, for conducting research and to provide the researcher with enough information to make an informed decision regarding the recommendations to improve educational practices.
For this assignment, you will use the information from the textbook reading and from the Individual Scholarly Works Template and the Comparative Template to write a three-page literature review (excluding the title page and reference pages) on your topic that addresses how the literature informs your research topic. Do not include any information from the theoretical framework in this assignment. For additional information regarding the narrative review, see the example literature review in the textbook. Use the information from the textbook to guide your literature review. An example other than the textbook is not provided for this assignment as you are expected to use the narrative review example in the textbook to meet the expectations of this assignment.
· The first page should be a correctly APA formatted title page that includes the title of your study written as a recommendation. For example, “Recommendations to Solve the Problem of Low Test Scores on the SAT at Rivermont High School in Georgia.” Do not title this assignment “Literature Review Assignment” or anything similar.
· The second, third, and fourth pages should be a formal review of the literature related to your topic. Include and cite at least 12 peer-reviewed scholarly articles. You must use the articles from your Comparative Templates unless the articles were noted as not acceptable by your instructor. In that case, replace the article with a different scholarly article. All articles must have been published within the last five years. You may not go more than ¼ page over the three-page limit, and you must meet the three page limit (within ¼ of a page). Writing concisely is a learned skill; this is your opportunity to practice. Your voice, as the researcher, must be evident in the paper. This review must include level one, level two, and level three headings. You may determine the headings to include in your literature review based on your topic, and the headings must be logical for the topic chosen. This assignment must be submitted as one Word document.
· Quotes should be avoided for this assignment. At most, one quote may be included.
· The last page(s) must be the Reference page. A minimum of 12 current scholarly references are required for this assignment.
· You must use the information from the textbook reading this week to be successful on this assignment.
· Even though this is a rough draft, the paper is expected to be submitted in excellent format with no APA format errors. The content is expected to be excellent, scholarly, and accurate. This paper marks the beginning of the narrative review for your actual applied research report. As an important part of this assignment, you must run the draft through Grammarly. Please see the course syllabus for the requirement for this course. Using Grammarly should help you to catch most, if not all, of the grammar errors. However, as the writer, you are still responsible for all content in the paper.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Page 2 of 2