This assignment focuses on using the EBP process and applying an EBP model or framework to improve your writing skills. Writing that is characterized by strong organization, appropriate use of evidence, scholarly tone, grammatically-sound sentence structure, and correctly-formatted citations and references is of paramount importance in all aspects of your professional role. Excelling in all three of these areas enables you to seamlessly integrate them into aspects of your professional life, including your roles of scholar-practitioner and health care leader. Creating and implementing your own plan to continually develop these skills will set the stage for improvements in your writing so that you communicate accurately and eloquently.
In this assignment, you will choose one of eight EBP models or frameworks that best applies to a PICO(T) question focused on the continued development and improvement of writing skills. You will then create a writing skills development plan by applying the EBP model or framework. Your aim is to facilitate the achievement of two specific writing improvement goals you created when you reflected on and examined feedback received throughout this course from Smarthinking and your instructor.
The following PICOT question will serve as the basis for this assignment:
- For my professional roles of scholar, practitioner and healthcare leader (P), will a writing skills development plan based on a specific EBP model or framework (I) improve my writing skills and facilitate the achievement of my two writing goals (C, O) in the next 3-6 months (T)?
In this PICO(T) question, the population (P) is you and the professional roles you seek to enrich, improve and refine. The writing skills development plan, based on the application of an EBP model of your choice, is the evidence-based intervention (I). The outcomes (O) include improved writing skills, as delineated by two specific writing goals you have identified for yourself from the results of your Writing Self-Assessment and feedback received from Smarthinking and your instructor, which also serve as the baseline or comparison (C). The timeframe (T) should be a realistic, feasible amount of time in which you will monitor and observe demonstrated improvements.
Be sure that you’ve completed the Writing Self-Assessment.
Create a writing skills development plan.
Plan Format and Length
- An APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX] is provided to help you in writing and formatting your plan. Be sure to include:
- Title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Add your concept map as an appendix.
Your plan should be 4–5 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
The following requirements correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions in the scoring guide for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Assess your writing strengths and weaknesses.
- Use the results from your writing self-assessment and feedback received from Smarthinking and from your instructor via the writing feedback tool, scoring guides, discussions, and any other courseroom communications.
- What are the implications of your current skill level for writing at the doctoral-level?
- Discuss specific writing development or improvement goals as they relate to each element in a PICO(T) question.
- Create a concept map that illustrates the application of an EBP model or framework to achieve your writing development or improvement goals.
- Identify the implementation strategies and resources needed to carry out a writing skills development plan.
- Support main points, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
- Adhere to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.