Assignment 2: Practicum Experience Plan (PEP)
As you establish your goals and objectives for this course, you are committing to an organized plan that will frame your practicum experience in a clinical setting, including planned activities, assessment, and achievement of defined outcomes. In particular, they must address the categories of clinical reasoning, quality in your clinical specialty, and interpersonal collaborative practice.
For this Assignment, you will consider the areas you aim to focus on to gain practical experience as an advanced practice nurse. Then, you will develop a Practicum Experience Plan (PEP) containing the objectives you will fulfill in order to achieve your aims. In this practicum experience, when developing your goals and objectives, be sure to keep psychotherapy approaches and techniques in mind.
· Review your Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form you submitted last week and think about areas for which you would like to gain application-level experience and/or continued growth as an advanced practice nurse. How can your experiences in the Practicum help you achieve these aims? (Please review last week “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” – Attached)
· Your practicum learning objectives that you want to achieve during your Practicum experience must be:
· Reflective of the higher-order domains of Bloom’s taxonomy (i.e., application level and above)
Assignment – Instructions
1. Record the required information in the Practicum Experience Plan template (attached) including 3–4 measurable practicum learning objectives you will use to facilitate your learning during the practicum experience. Note: Please make sure each of your objectives are connected to the Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form (attachment). Also, consider that you will need to demonstrate how you are advancing your knowledge in the clinical specialty.
2. Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy. Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature