Apply the Concept of Corporate Social Responsibility to a Business Situation
In Unit 5 we continued to address laws which impact those in the workplace, as was considered in the prior units. The focus of this assignment is on Corporate Social Responsibility which was first introduced to you in Unit 1.
Read the factual scenario as to the Amtrak Case Study .
Prepare a three-page analysis that defines the concept of corporate social responsibility. Consider the corporate social responsibility of Amtrak as to the tragedy which occurred both before and after the incident involved.
Based on your analysis of the scenario, as well as what you have learned about ethical theories and foundations of moral development, what would your recommendation to the corporation regarding how to proceed after the incident? How does multiculturalism and diversity perspectives of the various stakeholders in this case impact your recommendations? Note that your recommendation should be at least two paragraphs and include at least three specific reasons, with specific references to authoritative sources, stating how you arrived at that conclusion.
Use and cite at least three additional authoritative sources as you examine Amtrak’s corporate social responsibility in this factual scenario other than the text materials.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful memo must also meet the following criteria:
· Length should be 3 pages, excluding your title and references page
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format.
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, citation, and mechanics in accordance with APA.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
· Include a cover page and references page in 10 – 12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
· Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
· Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
· Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English
· Use examples to support your discussion
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit Academic Tools.