You will pick one of the articles and your homework will summarize and discuss for the class what you learned in the article. make sure you discuss what sovereignty means and whether your author approves of sovereignty or not for an American Tribe residing in the United States. Discuss some of those policies or treaties you discovered in the articles. Also discuss what issues the First Nations deal with in having the ability to self govern. Also add one paragraph discussing your view on American Indian sovereignty.
- Changing Territoriality, Fading Sovereignty, and the Development of Indigenous Group Rights of Indigenous Group Rights by Austen L. Parrish
- INDIAN COUNTRY’S BORDERS: TERRITORIALITY, IMMUNITY,AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF TRIBAL SOVEREIGNTY by Katherine Florey
- MYTHS AND REALITIES OF TRIBAL SOVEREIGNTY: THE LAW AND ECONOMICS OF INDIAN SELF-RULE by Joseph P. Kalt and Joseph William Singe
- America’s First Nations: The Origins, History and Future of American Indian Sovereignty by John Fredericks III
- Sovereignty and Indigenous Peoples in North America by Kent Mcneil
- Sovereignty by Sufferance: The Illusion of Indian Tribal Sovereignty by James Casey
- AMERICAN INDIAN SOVEREIGNTY: NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON’T by Peter d’Errico