***PLEASE SUBMIT TOPIC ASSIGNMENT ANSWER AS TWO SEPARATE DOCUMENTS***
Topic Assignment 1:
In the module readings, the Task Force on Community Preventive
Services (https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/tobacco-use-smoke-free-policies) recommends smoke-free policies and tobacco price increases strategies
to be effective in reducing tobacco use and increasing tobacco cessation among
military communities. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss your position in a 3-
The following items in particular will be assessed:
1. Discuss whether you agree or disagree with the findings that smoke-free
policies and increasing tobacco-price will reduce tobacco use among military
2. Defend your position by providing empirical evidence.
3. Based on the required readings and your own research, what strategies do you
think are effective in reducing tobacco use and maintaining healthy lifestyle
among this group?
TOPIC ASSIGNMENT 2:
By now if you put together your SLP papers from Module 1 to 3, you have a program/intervention proposal to address a health behavior problem. Carefully read through your SLP papers from Modules 1 through 3.
Write an abstract* (1 page in length) briefly describing your whole proposal. Be sure to use subheadings.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. Describe the problem health behavior and the target population.
2. Summary of the program goal and objectives.
3. Briefly describe your strategies for program implementation and evaluation.
4. Discuss what contribution the results/findings from your proposed program will make to the field of health sciences.
*With an abstract, in-text citations and a matching reference list are not included.