literature Synthesis Assignment Instructions
Synthesizing in literature is to combine two or more concepts from literature to form a new concept. The literature review synthesis should present the findings from the literature matrix provided in the prior week’s assignment. The objective of the assignment is to enable you to draw conclusions from the findings you found in the literature review that address your specific PICO question. To begin your synthesis of the literature, gather your literature and review the literature matrix. Begin with taking notes to describe, summarize, analyze and identify the key concepts you have found. You can then begin to synthesize your literature to form a whole new concept. To synthesize the literature, begin to compare and contrast, critically evaluate, interpret the findings from the literature review so that you can form a new conclusion based on your research.
Items to include are outlined as follows:
· Length of assignment – 750 words
· Excluding title page/ Cover page and reference page.
· APA Format
· Number of citations:
· 5 peer-reviewed, scholarly references and 1 instance of Biblical integration.
· Acceptable sources
· Scholarly articles published within the last five years
Using the Literature Review: Part 1 – Matrix Assignment consider the following:
· What relationships among the research did you find?
· For each topic and subtopic, you outlined, determine what the articles have in common and what is different. Are any different? How are they different? Do they contradict each other?
· What is the conclusion of each study? What relationships can you infer? Did any themes appear?
· Draw a conclusion from the relationships you have identified about each topic and subtopic in the outline.
· If you look at the overall relationship, what conclusion can you draw? What are the overall themes and patterns?
After completing this assignment, you can begin to write your literature review.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.