book download: from https://zh.3lib.net/book/5868569/b36ca0
Two-part, total need 2 pages answer
Part 1: Use chapters 1, 2, and 5 from your book to answer the following questions. (2-3 sentences for each question is okay) keep question number for each answer
1. What’s the difference between academic writing and professional writing? Why do these differences exist?
2. What is parallelism? Provide an example.
3. What’s the difference between active verbs and passive verbs? Why does this matter?
4. How should numbers be formatted?
5. What is jargon? Why should it be avoided?
6. How can you demonstrate courtesy in your professional writing?
7. Make a parallel list of things you did yesterday. Your list should have at least 4 elements.
8. How does Chapter 5 recommend lists be formatted?
9. What’s the difference between serif and san serif fonts? When should each be used?
10. What guidelines about graphics does Chapter 5 recommend?
Part 2: Use chapters 9,10 and 11 from your book to answer the following questions. ((2-3 sentences for each question is okay) keep question number for each answer
1. What are the goals of persuasive appeals?
2. Explain what AIDA is and how it’s used.
3. To whom should your cover letter be addressed?
4. Explain what you think is the difference between a me-centric cover letter versus a you-centric cover letter.
5. Explain how attention is used in a cover letter.
6. Explain how interest is used in a cover letter.
7. Explain how desire is used in a cover letter.
8. Explain how action is used in a cover letter.
9. Explain the difference between a chronological resume and a functional resume.
10. Summarize the basic guidelines for formatting a cover letter and resume.