Read chapter 10 here https://openstax.org/books/american-government-2e/pages/10-introduction
1. Whom do they benefit and how do they affect our society?
2. What incentives do interest groups offer to get individuals to join the group, and what strategies do interest groups use in their attempts to gain favorable policy. To answer this question please research two interest groups. Go to the Web sites of two interest groups with related interests and identify the incentives they each offer individuals to join. Compare and contrast the competing interests of the two groups.
3. Analyze the overall effect of interest groups on democracy. How do they further the pluralistic or the elite interest? Is this a benefit or an obstacle to democracy?
Your essay should be between 500 and 600 words, double-spaced and in APA format, with parenthetical citations and a Reference List. A cover page is not necessary.
View the Written Assignment Rubric to understand how you will will be evaluated.
All essays will be submitted in the assigned drop box, which will include a Turnitin originality report.
· Plagiarism will not be tolerated. A failing grade for the assignment and/or the course will be awarded pursuant to the SPC Academic Integrity Policy. https://go.spcollege.edu/AcademicHonesty/
· For definitive APA formatting, refer to one of the following:
Print Manual: American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association: The official guide to APA style.
APA Style Website: https://apastyle.apa.org/
SPC created APA Information Guide: https://spcollege.libguides.com/hecapa
· Librarians can assist you: Ask A Librarian (online chat) or Schedule a Research Consultation with a Librarian.
· Penalties for not providing in-text citations and/or references will range from 10 to 40 points.
See also the Written Assignment Grading Rubric for additional information on your assignment grade.