Analyze a Specific Criminal Justice Career
Identify a criminal justice career or position that you are interested in pursuing and discuss the following in a paper.
· How did you become interested in this line of work?
· In what ways are you qualified for entering this career?
· How is this profession generally portrayed in the media?
This next part is your “reality check” on your chosen career or position. Using reliable sources, investigate your chosen career or position using the types of questions discussed in this module for a “reality check” on a criminal justice profession. Now, with your findings in mind, discuss the following:
· How accurate is the media portrayal of the profession?
· In what way have you been prepared for entering this career?
· How right were you in the assessment of your own qualification for the job?
· What would be the challenges for you working in this profession or position?
· In addition to a college degree in criminal justice, what more do you need to do before you may enter this career or be promoted to this position?
Write a paper that meets the following requirements:
· Be 4-6-pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
· Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
· Cite at least six scholarly sources for this assignment. Scholarly resources include peer-reviewed journal articles, books, the class textbook, or reports/documents from the government (.gov sites). A scholarly source does not include general sources from the internet (.com, .org, .edu, and .net sites are not scholarly). Scholarly resources should be current (no older than five years). If the class textbook is used as a source, then five other scholarly sources must be used