Depict the Role of Key Organizations in Budgetary Processes – Due
Jun 5, 2022
For this assignment, you will develop a diagram/infographic that analyzes the powers of influential federal offices, such as the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the impact of these agencies on budgeting for your chose government agency. You will also provide a 2–3-page brief evaluating the infographic and explaining your rationale.
An infographic is a visual representation of knowledge or data to present information quickly and clearly. Infographics will help explain your knowledge of complex processes to others in a simple, graphic manner.
An infographic is an easy and creative method to explain more complex concepts clearly. Generally, an infographic is a single page in length and consists of graphics and key concepts. While a Venn diagram is a typical form of an infographic (as Venn diagrams show both concepts and the common overlap of concepts), modern technologies are now available to help you be creative! In fact, you will find a simple Internet search may locate more examples than you could possibly think of. A list of resources is available for you below.
Snappa, Visme, PikToChart, Venngage, Microsoft Word’s SmartArt
Adobe Spark. (2017). Create your own infographics for free with Adobe Spark.
Canva. (n.d.). Free infographic maker.
For your assignment:
· Create an infographic using a free tool such as Snappa, Visme, PikToChart, Venngage, Microsoft Word’s SmartArt, or any other tool you choose.
· Start by outlining the topic of your infographic in order to guide your research.
· Focus your infographic on budget decision-making for your selected government agency. It needs to make a clear point. It should be more like a story—with a beginning, middle, and end—rather than a random collection of facts.
· Research the types of layouts/templates typically used for infographics to find the best chart for presenting your information.
· Use credible sources for your data.
· Make sure all information you include is relevant to your main point.
· When designing your infographic, use easy-to-read colors and fonts. Consider incorporating icons, color-coding, images, or bulleted lists. But don’t make it cluttered!
· Identify the mandates of the OMB and CBO.
· Compare and contrast the procedures and responsibilities of the OMB and the CBO.
· Determine, in your evaluation, how these federal offices affect your selected governmental entity.
Length: Infographic and 2 to 3-page evaluation, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course.
The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations, and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.