Review the Instructions for the Week 7 Discussion
1. For this discussion, you will need to find a reliable source for your research paper and attach it to your post. If you haven’t already, go back and review the topic for the research paper again, and choose a topic. This may take some time, so don’t rush through this step. You can also find information here (Links to an external site.) on how to use online databases.
2. After you have chosen both a topic and a reliable source (Links to an external site.) , read or skim read the source (Links to an external site.) if you don’t have time to read all of it. Make sure that you understand the author’s main points after reading or skim reading.
3. Write a complete response of 300 words or more to one of the questions below. Note: you don’t have to follow the format for writing a body paragraph, but make sure that you answer the questions.
4. Also, include 3 forms or more of evidence that includes details and examples from the source you have chosen.
5. In the post, answer the following questions. What is the title of the work, and who is/are the author(s)? What type of work is it (i.e., a journal article, a chapter from an eBook, etc.)? What database did you use from the WLAC Library (Links to an external site.) (e.g., Academic Search Complete, EBSCO host eBooks, JSTOR)? What are the main points or the author’s main argument from the work? How do you think that source will help you with your research paper? In other words, how does the source relate to your topic or your thesis? Provide evidence from the source you have found to support your points.
6. Make sure that you introduce the author(s) and cite the information in MLA format. Here’s an example: Karen Rosenberg, the author of “Reading Games: Strategies for Reading Scholarly Sources,” says, “If we know something about what the writer cares about and is trying to accomplish, it can help orient us to the reading and understand some of the choices the writer makes in his or her work” (212).
List of Commercials to Use for the Essay and Discussions
The first step in completing the essay is to choose 1 of the commercials below. Of course you should try to choose the one that you enjoy the most because you will have to watch the commercial many times.
Here are the choices:
The Colgate Close Talker Commercial:https://youtu.be/QPYlNbDg_0U (Links to an external site.)
The McDonald’s Sleeping Baby Commercial:https://youtu.be/OtWRCIkFl00 (Links to an external site.)
The State Farm Worry-Free Celebrations Commercial:https://youtu.be/YtuewXpXuGI (Links to an external site.)
The Coca Cola Brotherly Love Commercial:https://youtu.be/qdPXQLrueRg (Links to an external site.)
The All State Cat Mayhem Commercial:https://youtu.be/dHXL8A1dowo (Links to an external site.)
The Hyundai Smart Park Commercial:https://youtu.be/2e_9f5YbpPs (Links to an external site.)
The Chevrolet a Boy and His Dog Commercial:https://youtu.be/WIRUhudMwEY (Links to an external site.)