LDRS 303 – Strengths-Based Leadership Presentation
1. Reading Assignment:
a. Start by watching this 5-minute video introducing Marcus Buckingham and the strengths revolution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBP82OuG7m4.
b. You can also go to https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths/en/home.aspx. Click on the green rectangular button in the middle of the web page that says [WATCH VIDEO].
c. Additional videos are available at http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marcus+buckingham%2c+playing+to+your+strengths&qpvt=Marcus+Buckingham%2c+Playing+to+your+strengths&FORM=VDRE
d. Read Rath & Conchie: Strengths-Based Leadership (pages 7 – 95 and the five additional resources related to your top 5 strengths)
e. The textbook is available in the library. Please see [Course Resources] in Moodle for instructions.
2. Review your Strengths Report from your previous assignment.
4. Strengths Presentation:
· What did you learn about yourself?
· What are your 5-strengths?
· Talk about each strength individually: Brief definition of the theme.
· Strategies you use to leverage that strength to meet the four basic needs of your followers. (Hint: The four basic needs can be found on p. 22-26 of Rath and Conchie’s Strengths-Based Leadership.)
· How would you lead others who are also strong in that strength?
· Using those strengths as a reference, how will you strengthen your team and the people around you?
· What is the best way other people can work with you that will bring out the best in both of you (as well as others that may concern you)?
· Your team will produce a set of PowerPoints. Each team member will prepare three slides minimum (five maximum). Your slides must accompany notes at the bottom.
· 1 PowerPoint on your Personal Strength
· 1 PowerPoint on how you will improve your strength
· 1 PowerPoint explaining how you will work with each of your teammates.
· You have three minutes for your presentation.
· Please note that late assignments will not be accepted and a grade of zero will be assigned