Risk Identification and Assessment
Is there a difference in how risks are identified and assessed in projects versus programs or portfolios?
- Describe the differences and how they might influence the competitive position of the organization.
- Discuss objectively the reason or reasons for these differences and how the differences may contribute to the enhancement or development of new capabilities for the organization.
- Read Chapter 4, “Are You Pondering What I Am Pondering? Eccentric Consideration on Strategic Management,” pages 81–118.
- Read Padovani, M., & Carvalho, M. M. (2016). Integrated PPM process: Scale development and validation. International Journal of Project Management, 34(4), 627–642.
- Read Close-Up Media, Inc. (2018, February 22). Research and markets offers report; Global cloud-based project portfolio management market 2018–2022. Entertainment Close-Up.
- In Project Management Institute. (2013). The standard for program management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
- Read Chapter 8, section 8.7, “Program Risk Management,” pages 95–100.
- In Project Management Institute. (2013). The standard for portfolio management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
- Read Chapter 8, “Portfolio Risk Management,” pages 119–135.
Use the Internet to complete the following:
- Read Hofman, M., Spalek, S., & Grela, G. (2017). Shedding new light on project portfolio risk management. Sustainability, 9(10), 1798.
Read Noor, I., Martin, R., & Bowman, D. (2005). Implementation of successful risk-based portfolio management. AACE International Transactions, R21–R26.