1. If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to
type 18 pages in six minutes?
2. Sally likes 225 but not 224; she likes 900 but not 800; she likes 144 but not
145. Which does she like – 1600 or 1700?
3. Four years ago, Jane was twice as old as Sam. Four years on from now, Sam will
be 3/4 of Jane’s age. How old is Jane now?
4. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some
are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400
elephants are definitely blue?
5. A man has to get a fox, a chicken, and a sack of corn across a river.
He has a rowboat, and it can only carry him and one other thing.
If the fox and the chicken are left together, the fox will eat the chicken.
If the chicken and the corn are left together, the chicken will eat the corn.
How does the man do it?
6. What is the next figure in the series?
7. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters,
turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them?
8. How many four sided figures are in this diagram?
9. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing
1 8 27 ? 125 216
10. Which letter comes next in this series of letters?
B A C B D C E D F ?