1. Executing Strategies and Management Responsibilities
In this assignment, use the same company and department (TESLA) you selected and focused on for the Getting to Know the Organization assignment and the Addressing Organizational Challenges as a Manager assignment.
Using the company and department (TESLA) that you have used for the Getting to Know the Organization assignment and the Addressing Organizational Challenges as a Manager assignment, review and incorporate any feedback from your professor and reference the external opportunities, threats, internal strengths, and weakness factors that you identified. In this assignment, you will examine your role as a manager and how you can help the company execute an alternative strategy to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the company:
· The company website.
· Public filings in the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database .
· Other miscellaneous sources.
3. Note: The company’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
Write a 5-page report in which you do the following:
· Develop a SWOT matrix that outlines the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the company.
· Determine and describe one feasible alternative strategy from the list below that could reasonably benefit your chosen company. Specifically consider the benefits related to the company’s strengths, weaknesses, external threats, and external opportunities. Justify your response.
. Forward integration.
. Backward integration.
. Horizontal integration.
. Market penetration.
. Market development.
. Product development.
. Related diversification.
. Unrelated diversification.
· Considering your chosen alternative strategy, outline your strategic plan as the department manager to help your company execute this strategy.
· Assess how you will use the four functions of management to execute your outlined plan.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Formulate strategies that address management responsibilities and functions in a technical organizational setting.