Book Review: After Virtue Assignment Instructions
In order to master an academic field, you must carefully read and engage with the most important books in that field. The book review is a common academic exercise, and virtually every major newspaper, magazine, and academic journal has a book review section. A good book review fairly and accurately explains the argument the book’s author has made, highlighting key themes, including the book’s strengths or weaknesses, its central assumptions, or its most important contributions to the scholarly conversation.
Assess the state of virtue in modern society as described in Alastair MacIntyre’s After Virtue: A Study in Moral Theory. Discuss the prospects of reforming modern political, economic, and cultural institutions in light of his arguments.
· Length of assignment: 3 pages (not including the title page and bibliography)
· Format of assignment: Current Turabian format.
· Number of citations: 5 scholarly sources supporting and/or illustrating your position.
· Scriptural excerpts with citations are required.
· Must include a title page and bibliography.
· 12-pt, Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with default margins.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.