Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review sections 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 of Chapter 1 in the text.
We have now covered five of the seven major psychological models that serve as frameworks for understanding personality. Each model has several theorists and numerous concepts that describe personality. That is what theories are—collections of related concepts meant to explain development. It is time for you to begin to analyze these concepts to determine which you think are most useful and applicable. For this assignment, you will identify one concept from each of the following models that you think is the best description for personality development from that model (the last three will be addressed in your Final Paper). Be sure to use proper APA headings to separate your conceptual sections. Address the following models:
For each of the concepts chosen:
· Apply a proper APA heading to separate the section. (For specifications for writing proper headings and other document elements, see the Writing Center’s APA Style Elements (Links to an external site.) .)
· Describe the concept.
· Identify the theorist associated with the concept.
· Provide a rationale for why that is the most applicable concept from that model.
Keep in mind that the object of this assignment is to identify and discuss a specific concept from each model and not to focus on just one model or provide overviews of the models per se.
To review examples of the main concept from the psychodynamic model in the Breakdown of Concepts Download Breakdown of Concepts document.
For each concept, you must use a scholarly source related to the concept from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library to support your statements in the paper. Thus, the paper will have a total of four scholarly sources (as noted below) in addition to the textbook. Popular websites and your textbook may be used to augment these scholarly sources, but they will not count toward the minimum number of sources needed for the paper.
To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view this The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process and provides some library search tips.
The Primary Concepts paper
· Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper in bold font
· Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
· Student’s name
· Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Due date
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) , refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.