WEEK 8 ASSIGNMENT – IMPLEMENTING NETWORK AND PERSONNEL SECURITY MEASURES
Week 8 Assignment – Implementing Network and Personnel Security Measures
The security consulting firm that you work for has been awarded a contract to implement a new IT Security Infrastructure to secure the Information Technology data assets of a local government agency. This agency has many remote workers that are in the field and need to connect back to the agency’s system servers.The remote workers use a wireless network infrastructure to connect their electronic pads to servers located within the local government’s facility. The remote workers have needed to access property records, citing zoning violations electronically, and validate building permits.The public demand to expand IT services has grown faster than its ability to provide an adequately secured infrastructure. In fact, this government entity was previously featured on the news for having minimal security controls and methods for accessing property tax information of citizens. The inadequate security allowed many construction trade businesses to illegally access property records and zoning violations.Your role in this project is to enhance and optimize the security mechanisms for accessing these systems.
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Create an information flow diagram (using Visio or Dia):
- Illustrates how remote users will securely connect to the government agency’s network.
- Illustrates the patch of network devices that data packets must travel to get from server to remote user’s device and back to the server. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Provide an equipment list of network security devices that would be needed to ensure the integrity and sensitivity of private information. In this list:
- Propose at least two vendor brands per each device and the associate costs required to procure these items.
- Identify the functionality each device serves and the expected benefits the government agency should experience upon the successful installation of this equipment.
- Develop a maintenance plan that should be recommended to the government agency to ensure having the latest security measures available within the network in which you:
- Describe the risks associated with not fulfilling the activities outlined within your maintenance plan.
- Indicate specific activities, personnel and resources required, and frequency of execution.
- Recommend at least four physical security measures that could be developed to ensure the electronic perimeter of electronic assets.
- Recommend at least two physical security vendors that could achieve the four security measures you identified. Justify your recommendations with your response.
- Evaluate and consider activities that the Human Resources Department could perform in order to complement and instill security from within the organization. Provide a rationale with your response.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a plan for implementing network and personnel security measures.